Blokkhed Animation

Thursday 25 September 2008

"The Shadow Knows". Illustration. Poster. Illustrator


Here is "The Shadow" in another version. He knows the evil that lurks in the hearts of men. Evildoers beware, The Shadow, 'Lamont Cranston' will seek you out and make you pay.
He was more of an avenging angel than a hero and I find him a more interesting character for that, not a corny square jawed hero, but a flawed anti-hero, walking the line between good and evil. I may do some more of the shadow and other pulp heroes like Doc Savage. It's nice to pay homage to what was a golden age, possibly a more simple and naive era [are we really so sophisticated?] but an era that says a lot to us today. I still have some way to go with this work and I want to capture a feel of the era without resorting to copying the originals [which I know are better] I'm not there yet and I'm enjoying myself and there's more to do.
So don't forget that "the weed of crime bears bitter fruit, crime does not pay! ", The Shadow Knows. . . . . .

Blokkhed

www.blokkhed.com

No comments:

Post a Comment